1. Subject Matter: Handling of complaints on travel service quality.
2. Applicable Regulations: Tentative Standards of Compensation with Quality Guarantee Fund of Travel Agencies and Interim Provisions on Compensation with Quality Guarantee Fund of Travel Agencies.
3. Scope of Application: The complaint shall be within the coverage of compensation with quality guarantee fund of travel agency. The complainant shall be the tourist whose lawful rights and interests have been directly infringed or the authorized representative thereof. The travel agency against whom the complaint is filed, as well as the detailed facts and claims, shall be clearly identified and defined.
4. Procedure: The letter of complaint shall be reviewed after the receipt thereof. If conditions for acceptance are met, the decision to accept the complaint shall be made in a timely manner. If conditions for acceptance are not met, the reason for not accepting the complaint shall be conveyed to the complainant within 7 working days upon the receipt of the complaint.
5. Charging Standard and Basis: None.
6. Processing Time and Service Commitment: After the quality supervision office decides to accept the complaint, it shall issue the Notice on Acceptance of Travel Complaint to the travel agency involved and require the travel agency to provide a written reply within 30 days. The quality supervision office shall re-check the written reply. If the complained issue can be solved through mediation, mediation shall be facilitated within 30 days after facts and responsibilities have been defined, and the complainant shall be facilitated to reach agreement with the travel agency. Complaints that cannot be resolved through mediation shall be handled as follows: If the fault lies with the complainant, the quality supervision office shall revoke the case and notify the complainant of the reasons for revocation. If the fault lies with both the complainant and the travel agency, the two parties may settle the complained issue through negotiation or submit the issue to the quality supervision office for settlement. If the fault lies with the travel agency, the travel agency shall be held liable. If the fault lies with other travel service units, the issue may be forwarded to relevant competent departments.
7. Materials Required for Filing Complaints: Written letter of complaint, travel service contract, travel itinerary and travel invoice.
8. Requirements for Letter of Complaint (refer to the sample text attached): Written letter of complaint shall specify the name, gender, nationality, occupation, age, employer, address and telephone number of the complainant; the name, address of the complained unit; and the requests, facts, reasons and evidence related to the complaint.
9. Telephone Number: 0754-88975202.
10. Office Address: Room 410, 4th Floor, No.28, Yujin Road, Shantou City.
11. Handling Unit: Shantou Municipal Travel Service Quality Supervision Management Office.
12. E-mail: email@example.com.
13. Telephone Number for Complaints: 0754-88297616.
14. Time limit for Complaint Handling: Handling of complaints shall be completed within 90 days upon acceptance. Under special circumstances, the time limit may be extended by 30 days upon the approval of the higher authorities.
Note: The time limit to apply for compensation with the guarantee fund is 90 days, which starts from the time when the infringement occurs. Any request beyond the said time limit may be rejected.
Source: Website of the Municipal Tourism Bureau